Picnic In the Woods. Photo by Alan Held

Town of Tinmouth
General Information

Tinmouth Newsletter
The “Tales of Tinmouth” is a monthly newsletter that contains town, church and school news, upcoming events, interviews with town residents, etc., for town residents—past & present—and friends. If you are not currently on the mailing list and would like to receive “Tales,” please send your name and address to Editor Gail Fallar, 515 North End Road, Tinmouth, VT 05773. There is no charge, although donations are greatly appreciated. The newsletter is published with volunteer help and donations to cover postage and printing. Email: Town Clerk.

Dog Licenses
All dogs six (6) months of age or older shall annually, on or before April 1st, be licensed. RABIES certificates must be signed by a duly licensed Veterinarian and delivered to the Town Clerk stating that the dog has within 36 months (for dogs two years of age and older), 12 months (for dogs over one but less than two years), and within the last year (for dogs under one year old), been vaccinated against rabies, BEFORE any dog is licensed.

Regular License Fees: $8.00 neutered male or spayed female; $12.00 male or female not neutered/spayed, price includes $1.00 for the State Rabies Program and $3 for the State Animal Neutering Program. Licenses are available at the Town Clerk’s office.

Zoning, Health & Subdivision Regulations
Tinmouth has all of the above regulations. Permits are required for the following:
  • New septic systems or repairs (Health)
  • New driveways (Driveway)
  • Building Construction
    Alteration (Zoning)
    New or Changed Use (Zoning)
  • Subdivision of Land (Subdivision)
  • Application to Board of Adjustment
If you have any questions or need an application, please contact Gail Fallar, Tinmouth Zoning Administrator, 446-2498.

To Vote in a Town Election One Must:
  1. Be a citizen of the United States of America.
  2. Be 18 years of age or over.
  3. Have taken the Freeman’s Oath in the State of Vermont.
  4. Have his or her name appear on the Check List no later than 11 days before election.
Please contact the Town Clerk for an application to the Check List.

Town Calendar— Monthly Meetings
Select Board Town Office 2nd Thursday 7:00 p.m.
School Board School 2nd Wednesday 6:30 p.m.
Volunteer Fire Dept. Fire House 1st Thursday 7:00 p.m.
Historical & Genealogical Society Town Office 4th Sunday 2:00 p.m.
Planning Commission Town Office 4th Monday 7:00 p.m.

Town Clerk—Office Hours
Monday & Thursday, 8 a.m. – noon and 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. (Saturday, 9 a.m. – 12 noon, January – May) or by appointment if necessary.
Telephone: 802-446-2498; Fax: 802-446-2498
Email: Town Clerk

Fire Permit
If there is no snow on the ground, a fire permit is required to burn grass or brush within 200 feet of any woodland.

For information about a fire permit or to report a FOREST FIRE, call Glenn W. Merrill, 446-2785 or Glenn D. Merrill, 446,2782. In case of a forest fire, if you are unable to reach this number, call 911.

Glenn W. Merrill, Fire Warden
Glenn D. Merrill, Deputy

Emergency Number
Fire Department, Rescue Squad/Ambulance, State Police Dial 911

Transfer Station Hours
The Transfer Station (for trash disposal and recycling) is open Saturday morning 8:00–12:00 and Wednesday afternoon 4:00-7:00. A bumper sticker permit is required (no charge), as well as a punch ticket ($20 or $100 sizes). Each 30-gallon bag of trash is 1 punch ($2.00). Larger items are priced according to size.

Recycling is FREE; newspaper, glass, cardboard, magazines (glossy), mixed office paper, boxboard, ZERO SORT: #2 plastic, tin cans, plastic milk jugs, #1 plastic, and boxboard.
  • Bumper sticker and punch tickets must be obtained at the Town Office.
  • Information sheets are available at the Transfer Station or Town Office.

Library Hours
Monday, 9 am-12 noon & 1-5 pm; Thursday, 9 am-12 noon & 1-8 pm.